Is 2012 your year to save on health care?  Well, what I mean is will you finally become eligible for Medicare this year?  If you’re turning 65, you better ask yourself whether traditional Medicare with a Medicare Supplement Insurance plan or a Medicare Advantage plan is going to help you the more.  Usually, you are allowed to enroll when you’re 64 ½ so that by the time you turn 65, your coverage will be ready to take care of you.
You might be wondering why so many people supplement Medicare Part A and B with a Medigap plan.  Simply relying on Medicare alone could mean paying for too much in doctor bills.  You’ll probably need that money for a lot of other things during retirement.
The way Medigap plans work is by filling in the gaps in Medicare.  Medicare only pays for 80 percent of doctor bills, unless your doctor does something that can be billed as preventive health care.  By that I mean, Medicare pays 80 percent of what it says a service should cost.  If your doctor agrees, you pay the remaining 20 percent.  If not, you pay the 20 percent plus everything that’s left.  A Medigap plan can take care of that 20 percent plus any extra.
Not sure where to begin?  Our website can help you get up-to-speed on both Medicare Advantage plans and Medigap plans.  With many years of experience helping people manage their medical bills, we can help you compare all of the plans that are available where you live. Our help is confidential and there’s never any charge, either.  Get to know us better by joining the next Question and Answer Teleseminar. It’s free to register and then you can ask questions or just listen to what others are asking about both Medicare plans.'

Jim McFadden has over 11 years of executive-level experience in the health insurance industry, is a youth baseball, softball and football coach, and has one of the worst fantasy football records in the world.