This year, we have seen an increase in coverage for Medicare beneficiaries after health care reform.  Medicare beneficiaries can now enjoy 100 percent coverage for standard health care services, such as annual physical exams and screening procedures to catch disease.  Yet, that hasn’t resulted in fewer people using Medigap policies to supplement their Medicare coverage.
Last year, Medicare only covered 80 percent of any service from doctors.  That was sometimes the reason why seniors and younger disabled people who relied on Medicare delayed seeing a doctor.  They had to pay for the remaining 20 percent of the medical bill.  Of course, they could add a Medigap Plan to pick up that 20 percent expense.
With Medicare’s new mandate to cover preventive health care without having to meet the Part B deductible or without any out-of-pocket costs, more people now have access to regular health care that help them stay well.  It’s well established that early detection is key to survival when it comes to many different diseases.  Since Medicare now covers preventive health care, you may be thinking, “Why would I need a Medigap policy now?”
With a Medigap Plan, you can get the care you need to treat diseases with no out-of-pocket costs.  While expanding Medicare to provide preventive health care was long overdue, nothing has changed in Medicare’s coverage for treating disease.  Medicare Supplement Insurance is still needed handle 20 percent of all doctor bills dealing with the treatment of disease.  With our instant quote engine, you can see what it would cost to add a Medigap Plan and you can see which of the ten currently available Medigap Plans would fit your needs best.  If you have questions, our team is readily available to answer questions or even help you compare your choices.'

Jim McFadden has over 11 years of executive-level experience in the health insurance industry, is a youth baseball, softball and football coach, and has one of the worst fantasy football records in the world.