A lot of baby boomers are still puzzled about what health care reform has meant for Medicare.  Until you get a good idea of what Medicare now pays for, it’s hard to decide how to supplement it with Medicare Supplement insurance, Medicare Advantage plans or Prescription Drug plans.
One of the biggest, and most helpful, changes affects seeing a doctor.   Medicare used to pay for 80 percent of doctor services, leaving you to pay the other 20 percent.  Now, there’s a big push to prevent disease.  Preventive care is 100-percent covered, but you still pay for 20 percent of diagnostic procedures and treatment.  If you rarely need anything beyond a regular checkup and screenings for diseases like heart disease, cancer, diabetes, etc., you may not need a Medigap plan that fills in all of Medicare’s gaps.
Medigap policies feature 10 different plans so you can customize your benefits. That’s one thing that has not changed with health care reform.  You can read about your options here on our site, and then, you’re ready for the next step.
The bottom line is that you may be able to get a less expensive Medigap plan by comparing premiums from several different insurance companies.  Did you know that companies are free to sell the same Medigap plan with the same coverage at very different prices?  Our instant quotes can help you eliminate high-end prices in no time.  We also offer free consultations to help you compare your options.


Jim McFadden has over 11 years of executive-level experience in the health insurance industry, is a youth baseball, softball and football coach, and has one of the worst fantasy football records in the world.