Medicare Supplement insurance comes in two forms.  Both Medicare Advantage Plans and Medicare Supplement Plans can protect you from the holes in Medicare, but that’s about all these different types of Medigap plans have in common.
Medicare Advantage Plans offer an alternative way to get your Medicare benefits. These are from private insurers, rather than the government, and these plans typically expand your coverage beyond what’s known as “Original Medicare.”
Medicare Supplement Plans don’t replace Original Medicare as Medicare Advantage Plans do. Instead, Medigap plans fill in the gaps in Original Medicare. That means they also expand your Medicare coverage, but they work with Medicare’s coverage rather than replace it. For example, when your Original Medicare pays for 80 percent of your doctor bill, Medigap policies will pay the remaining 20 percent for you.
That’s just the beginning of how you can complete your Medicare coverage. To get a better idea of how you can get the most out of Medicare, visit our website. We’ve put together a lot of free information for you to explain how Medicare works, how you can complete your coverage and what different Medigap plans are available. Our friendly experts are also ready to take a look at your situation and search for plans that best meet your needs and budget. There’s never a charge for a confidential consultation so just give a call at 866-323-1441.

Wiley Long is founder and president of Medigap Advisors, and is passionate about helping people navigate the confusing waters of Medicare. He is the author of The Medicare Playbook: Designing Your Successful Health Coverage Strategy, a clear and simple explanation so you can make the most of your Medicare coverage.