UnitedHealthcare Medicare Supplement Plans
With over 32 percent of the national market in Medicare supplements, this carrier easily earns the reputation as a powerhouse in this industry. Their products are branded AARP.
As you review the details of your Medicare coverage, you’ll find that you would still be responsible for some potential expenses unless you supplement Medicare. UnitedHealthcare offers Medicare supplement insurance policies (often referred to as Medigap plans because they fill in Medicare’s coverage gaps) to help pay for some of the medical expenses that Medicare alone does not cover.
UnitedHealthcare offers supplemental plans A, B, C, F, K, L and N (availability depends on the state in which you live). To read about the coverage each Medigap plan offers, click here.
When you are in your Open Enrollment period which is when you are 65 and covered by Medicare Part B, you’re entitled to guarantee acceptance when you apply for Medigap insurance. If you’re under age 65, some states have a similar open enrollment period, but not all states have the same guidelines.
Why choose a Medicare supplement plan with UnitedHealthcare?
- Quick claim service – 98 percent of claims are processed within 10 business days
- Competitive pricing
- Low, stable annual rates
Additionally, all plans bring with them special value-added benefits, such as:
24-hour Nurse HealthLine
- Help with treatment decisions, including deciding to go to a doctor or hospital
- Information about doctors and hospitals
- Prescription and medicine information
- Save up to 30 percent on eyewear, including bifocals, lenses and frames
- Contact wearers save up to 10 percent on disposable lenses, and 20 percent on all other lenses
- 90-day guarantee on all eyewear purchases
- Pay only $40 for routine eye exams
SilverSneakers Fitness Program (not available in all states)
- Members have free access to health centers’ exercise equipment, heated pools, and fitness classes
- Signature classes designed for older adults and taught by certified instructors
- Members have access to more than 9,000 locations
- Participants living more than 15 miles from a location may participate in SilverSneakers Steps. This program provides equipment, tools and motivation to achieve a healthier lifestyle through physical activity.
Complementary Assistance with Medicare Plans
To arrange for a complementary consultation by phone, just click here or call our toll-free number at 1-800-913-3416. You may want to review our comprehensive online educational resources in advance, but our expert Personal Benefits Managers can also answer your questions about all types of Medicare plans and help you enroll quickly and easily.