Humana Medicare Supplement Plans 2022
Humana has offered health insurance plans for over 50 years. For those who are eligible for Medicare, Humana Medicare supplement plans provide a selection of options to expand and coordinate with Medicare benefits.
Nationwide, there are 10 letter plans of MediGap, or Medicare supplement insurance, available to enhance the coverage provided by Original Medicare. Some letter plans even offer coverage for situations Medicare does not cover, such as when you travel outside of the States.
Click here to see the benefits of all 10 standardized Humana Medicare supplement plans. Because carriers may not offer every one of these options, just take a minute to run an instant quote to see the MediGap plans available where you live.
Humana Medicare Supplement Plans
All Humana Medicare supplement plan members may participate in any (and all!) of these extra services:
- RightSource mail-order prescription service – easy-to-order prescription drugs delivered to your home, with extended supply (90 days) available to help lower out-of-pocket costs
- SmartSummary Rx monthly statement – provides easy-to-understand summary of prescription drug benefits, information on saving money, and tips on planning expenses; delivered monthly
- MyHumana – a password-protected, personalized home page on humana.com designed to make it easy to review benefits, utilize pharmacy tools, check medical and prescription claims, and find health information and resources
- Humana Active Outlook – members receive information on healthy living, Medicare news and updates, discounts, and coupons in the post, online, and through seminars and classes locally
- SilverSneakers Fitness Program – participants receive a free basic membership to any locally participating fitness center; members may also participate in group exercise classes and utilize trained Personal Benefits Manager to develop a personalized fitness plan. SilverSneakers is designed for members at all fitness levels.
If you’d like help comparing your choices, just call our toll-free number at 1-800-913-3416. One of our agents with Medicare plan experience will take a look at the plans available to you and give you a comprehensive overview of your options.
MediGap insurance will remain in effect as long as the policy is kept active; the policy cannot be canceled due to any health issue and is guaranteed renewable.
How to Apply for Humana Medicare Supplement Plans
When you’re ready to apply, we will be happy to answer your questions and help you enroll You’ll have direct access to your Personal Benefits Manager, a licensed agent, to help with any concerns you may have before you apply, while your application is being reviewed by the insurance company, and after your Medicare plan is in force.For a confidential, no-obligation telephone consultation, please click here. You may also wish to give us a call toll-free at 1-800-913-3416. You’ll be immediately connected with one of our Personal Benefits Managers to research your options.
Humana Frequently Asked Questions
What Medigap plans does Humana offer?
Humana offers every Medigap plan except for Plans D and M.
What additional benefits does Humana offer Medicare Supplement plan members?
Humana offers one of the most extensive menus of value-added offerings to Medigap members in the industry. Depending on your plan and location, Humana Medicare supplement plan enrollees may have access to:
- 24-hour nurse hotline
- Discounts on vision benefits through EyeMed
- Discounts on hearing aids
- Discount prescription drug program
- The SilverSneakers fitness program
- Jenny Craig weight loss program discounts
- Discount on LifeLine fall detection and alert service
Is there a discount for automatic payments?
Yes. There’s a $2/month discount if you set up automatic premium payments.
When can I enroll in a Humana Medicare supplement plan?
The best time to enroll is during the Medicare Supplement Open Enrollment window when you first become eligible for Medicare.
This period starts on the 1st day of the 1st month in which you’re age 65 or older and enrolled in Medicare Part B. In some states, you can buy a plan on the 1st day you’re enrolled in Medicare Part B, even if you’re not yet 65.
If you don’t sign up during this window, however, you may have to go through medical underwriting. Humana is one of the stricter companies when it comes to medical underwriting, and will usually deny applicants after the open enrollment period if they have uncontrolled diabetes, AIDS, cancer, or other serious medical conditions.
Humana Medicare Supplement Reviews
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.