Have you ever wanted to become a master of Medicare, but don’t know how to get started? This blog will show you how to get your own 2023 Medicare Handbook, free of charge.
Our Very Own Medicare Handbook, Updated for 2023
Authored by Wiley Long and the rest of the MediGap Advisors team, The Medicare Playbook: Designing Your Successful Health Care Strategy is a comprehensive guide to all things Medicare, including:
- The dangerous coverage gaps in Original Medicare
- Medicare Annual Enrollment Periods (AEP): When they are and what you can do
- How (and why) to switch to Medicare Advantage
- Understanding the difference between Medicare Advantage and Medigap
- How Medicare Part D Prescription Drug plans work
- Designing a successful health coverage strategy
- Changes coming to Medicare in 2023 and beyond
For the last few years, The Medicare Playbook has been available as a paperback through Amazon.com for $15.95. But now, as a special limited offer, our friends and clients can request a free digital copy, so everyone has a Medicare Handbook to use for the 2023 enrollment season.
GET STARTED: Click Here to request your free digital Copy of The Medicare Playbook: Designing Your Successful Health Coverage Strategy.
Here’s What’s in The Medicare Playbook [Table of Contents]
- Chapter 1: Medicare and the Big Mistakes That Can Cost You Money
- Chapter 2: Avoiding the Significant Costs of Late Enrollment
- Chapter 3: Protecting Yourself from the Infamous “Medicare Coverage Gap”
- Chapter 4: Covering the Cost of Prescription Drugs
- Chapter 5: What to Expect from Medicare Part A
- Chapter 6: What to Expect from Medicare Part B
- Chapter 7: Other Healthcare Covered by Medicare Part B
- Chapter 8: Medigap Plans: Make Your Medicare Stronger
- Chapter 9: Medicare Advantage Plans: Extending Your Medicare Coverage
- Chapter 10: Part D Prescription Drug Plans
- Chapter 11: All Other Medicare Plans & Essential Points
- Chapter 12: How to Get Help Evaluating Your Medicare Options
This Medicare handbook is presented in a clear, down-to-the-point kind of way, so you won’t have to waste any time finding the information you need. In addition, each and every chapter has been updated for the 2023 enrollment season with the latest information on copayments, coinsurance, deductibles, and more.
Medicare and You: Some Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q: What are the four types of Medicare?
Medicare plans come in four different types or “Parts”, each designated with a letter.
- Part A provides coverage for inpatient and hospital services
- Part B provides coverage for outpatient or primary care services
- Part C is usually known as Medicare Advantage, which is an alternate type of Medicare offered by a private insurance company.
- Part D is prescription drug coverage, often referred to as a PDP plan.
Q: What are the Guidelines for Free Medicare?
“Free” Medicare usually refers to Medicare Advantage, which is a type of Medicare plan that can sometimes have a $0 monthly premium. But that doesn’t mean that Medicare Advantage is free. Between copays, coinsurance, and deductibles, there will be some out-of-pocket costs when you need to use your plan.
In addition, all Medicare enrollees must continue to pay the Part B premium.
Q: What is the Medicare Part B Deductible 2023?
The new Medicare Part B deductible for 2023 is $226. The standard Part B premium 2023 is projected to be $164.90 per month.
Q: What is the Medicare Part A Deductible for 2023?
The Medicare Part A deductible for 2022 is $1,556 per benefit period. A benefit period begins on the day you are admitted to the hospital, and ends when you have gone a full 60 days without inpatient treatment.
The Medicare Part A deductible for 2023 is projected to rise to $1,600.
Q: What Are the Guidelines for Getting Medicare?
Most people get a Medicare plan “automatically” when they turn 65, unless they still have group coverage through an employer.
If you need Medicare coverage, or you need help choosing a Medicare Advantage plan, we can help. Click here to get an appointment with a MediGap Advisors Personal Benefits Manager. Our services are 100% free to you, and in a matter of minutes, we can help you get a better understanding of your Medicare options.
Ready to dive in yourself? The Medicare Playbook is waiting. Click here to request your free digital copy.
Wiley Long is founder and president of Medigap Advisors, and is passionate about helping people navigate the confusing waters of Medicare. He is the author of The Medicare Playbook: Designing Your Successful Health Coverage Strategy, a clear and simple explanation so you can make the most of your Medicare coverage.