Gerber Life Insurance Company
Gerber Life Insurance Company is an affiliate of the Gerber Products Company that’s famous for Gerber baby food. The affiliate company began offering life insurance in 1967: now there are more than three million policies in force.
For 13 years, Gerber has received an “A” rating (Excellent) by A.M. Best, an established and impartial insurance rating company. Gerber’s conservative approach also earned it a place as a the Top 50 Performing Life and Health Insurance by the Ward Company, for meeting high standards for safety, consistency, and superior performance.
Gerber Life Insurance Company is committed to customer service. Their motto is “We’re with you every step of the way.” Gerber also states that their mission is to be the company people trust to help them “achieve financial security and protection at every stage of life.”
Gerber Life MediGap Plans
At this stage of your life, you know Medicare does not pay for everything. Medical supplement insurance, known as Medigap plans, can lower your health care costs by covering many of the out-of-pocket expenses Medicare doesn’t.
To take advantage of the protection of a Medigap plan, you must be enrolled in Medicare Part A and Part B. It’s important to apply within six months of receiving Medicare benefits, so you can avoid answering medical questions.
Gerber Life offers two Medigap plans: standard and SELECT. Both these plans recognize your right to choose a doctor you trust, health care facilities you know, and the benefits and services you need most. Gerber’s standard and SELECT plans can help you manage your health care expenses.
Depending on the plan you choose, these plans can cover expected expenses: deductibles, coinsurance, and the extra cost of eligible services that exceed what Medicare will pay.
Gerber’s Medigap plans also extend their benefits to cover the unexpected: extended hospital stays, skilled nursing facility care, hospice care, the need for blood, and help if you should need care while traveling outside the U.S.
Standard and SELECT plans feature the following highlights:
- Guaranteed renewable: coverage cannot be cancelled if premiums are paid.
- Benefits that keep pace with increasing Medicare deductibles and coinsurance.
- Payments directly to you or your health care provider.
- No individual premium rate increases, no matter how often you use benefits.
- Immediate coverage: no waiting for preexisting conditions.
Gerber SELECT MediGap Plan
Gerber’s SELECT Medigap plan offers you the added value of a wider scope of benefits:
- Premiums that are up to 36 percent lower than standard Medigap plans
- An extensive network of quality doctors, specialists, and hospitals
- Deductibles waived for care in a network hospital
- No restrictions for emergency health care
- Respects your right to switch to a standard Medigap plan within a year.
Paying for Your Plan
Gerber makes paying your premiums easy. There are two convenient payment options
- Mail your payment to Gerber Life every three, six or 12 months
- Opt for automatically withdrawal: you choose the day
If you are not completely satisfied, you have a full money back guarantee for up to 30 days after your policy is approved.
Gerber’s Medigap plans can be completed via paper, fax or scan; so it’s best to discuss your options with an objective, reliable insurance consultant who can assist you with the application process. If you have questions about Medicare, Medigap plans, or to see if a Gerber Medicare supplement plan is right for you, call one of our helpful MediGap Advisors at 1-800-913-3416, or get a free instant quote.