MediGap Advisors Member Benefits
Save Money on Prescription Drugs, Lab Fees and Much More!
At MediGap Advisors, we want to help you be smart about how you handle your medical expenses. By taking advantage of all the money-saving tools available, you can reduce your annual medical costs by thousands of dollars. (By the way, the first step towards saving money is to obtain a Medicare supplement plan or a Medicare Advantage plan. Complete instructions on how to get the best plan for your needs can be seen on the “How To” Guide page. Wiley also periodically shares some great money-saving tips on his Medigap Advisors Blog.)
Prescription Drug Discounts – Whether you are covered by Medicare Part D or not, there may be times when you have to pay for prescription medications from your own. If this does happen, we can show you how to save money on your prescriptions. There is a wide variation in pricing on prescription drugs, and smart shoppers can save a lot of money by doing some comparison shopping. To help you lower your prescription costs even further, MediGap Advisors has a resource which may dramatically reduce your prescription drug costs.
Our Prescription Drug Discount Card that you can download immediately, cut out, and put in your wallet. You’ll have access to online pricing, so you can be sure you’re getting the best price available before you head to the pharmacy. This card is widely accepted, offers good discounts, and we recommend you always check prices with this card even if your insurance company also provides a discount prescription card.
- Lab Fee Discounts – If you ever want or need any lab test not covered by Medicare, you will want to make sure that you pay the lowest possible cost. The biggest markups in health care are for prescription drugs and lab tests. Instead of paying full retail price for things like blood work and CAT scans, MediGap Advisors clients and visitors have access to discounted pricing that reduces the costs by as much as 80%. Simply go online, order the tests you want, and then head to the closest participating lab to have the test run. Results are usually available within 48 hours.
- Imaging Discounts– This service will typically save you 40 – 70% on MRIs, CT Scans, and most other imaging procedures. Discounts on x-rays, ultrasounds, and echocardiograms are usually about 25%. You can create your ID card online, and then an 800# to schedule your tests.
- SilverSneakers Free Fitness Program– Take charge of your health with the SilverSneaker program. You’ll receive a free basic membership at one of the participating gyms across the country. This includes access to amenities such as heated pools, treadmills, and weights. Plus, you can take SilverSneakers classes taught by certified instructors specifically for older adults – all at no additional cost. Gym memberships typically run around $240 per year, and this complimentary membership includes Curves for women. Research published in The Lancet shows that just 92 minutes of moderate activity per week can add three years to your life. SilverSneakers is designed to make exercise fun and social for seniors. Contact one of our Medigap Advisors today to see if a plan near you offers SilverSneakers.
- Free Will Preparation– If you do not have a current will in place, creating one should be one of your top priorities. While having an attorney help you format your will can be important if you have a simple estate you can easily create your own will for free. This site (which is not affiliated with MediGap Advisors in any way), enables you to easily set up a legal will in any state except Louisiana.
- Legacy and Estate Planning – MediGap Advisor members receive a free membership in Legacy Safeguard, a program to ensure that you are remembered for generations to come. Benefits include:
- Legacy Planning software – a one-of-a-kind legacy planning software that helps you share your history, the lessons you’ve learned, and the values you hope to pass on to your family
- A free Living Will
- Funeral service discounts
- Final Expense EstimatorTM – helps you to estimate the cost of your funeral and other final expenses
- Discounts on personalized estate planning documents such as a Last Will and Testament, and a Power of Attorney
- Bill Negotiation Service - Insurance companies and major employers have the power to negotiate with doctors and hospitals to receive lower prices than the general public gets, something the average individual can’t do. Because Medigap Advisors’s large presence in the marketplace, you now have access to the same service, risk-free. Before paying a medical bill, our members simply submit your claims to our negotiation service, and if they can negotiate a reduced bill you get to keep 65% of the savings! If they are unable to negotiate any further price reductions, then you pay nothing.
- International Medical Treatment - More and more Americans are traveling out of the country to receive medical treatment. High-quality treatment from U.S. board-certified surgeons can often be had for a fraction of what it would cost here in the U.S. Substantial savings are available on dental work, cosmetic surgery, and even things like knee replacement or bypass surgery. MediGap Advisors partners with PlacidWay. PlacidWay, a health and wellness tourism company, connects you with your ideal healthcare service provider in a location of your choice and charges no fees. You are given complete freedom to explore, customize, and experience healthcare options around the world that fit your personal needs, finances, and desires.
- Online Shopping Rebate Program– MediGap Advisor members and visitors are eligible for a rebate program that gives you cash back while you shop online from major retailers, such as Amazon or Travelocity. Absolutely no strings attached and no cost to you. Visit the Retail Benefits sign up page to download the shopping assistant and start earning cash back today.